- Life Style
An explosion in a butane gas factory in Ard al-Lewa, Giza, caused a fire to break out on Tuesday evening, state television reported.
State TV said that fire trucks and ambulances rushed to the scene in an attempt to control the fire before it extended to neighboring properties.
Mahmoud Hosni, the head of the Supplies Department in Giza, told state-run MENA news service that a butane cylinder fell on a motorcycle causing the explosion of the tank. This sparked a large fire that was put out by 10 fire trucks belonging to the Civil Defense Authority, he added.
Hosni said that no one was injured and the losses caused by the incident are yet to be determined.