The Egyptian Dar Al Iftaa published a list of inadvisable actions to take while fasting in Islam, but explained that they do not break the fast:
- Excessive sniffing of water in the nose and excessive mouth rinsing during Wudu.
- Tasting food unnecessarily.
- Swallowing saliva.
- Kissing your spouse and doing any acts that arouse lust.
- Cupping, which gets rid of spoiled blood from the body, because it weakens the fasting person.
- Preoccupation with entertainment and games, as luxury does not fit fasting and its spiritual meanings.