Stuck with ground beef and sweet potatoes? (It happens!) I went out on a limb with the pie crust… but it worked–just make sure you grease the ramekins (little oven ceramic bowl) so you can eat the pie crust easily! Also… brush a little beaten egg on top of the pie crust so it browns nicely.
1 cup flour
1/2 cup butter
5 tablespoons of water
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 kg ground beef
1 yellow bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 chopped tomato
1 spoon tomato paste
1 cup water
3 tablespoons flour
3 peeled sweet potatoes chopped in cubes (or wedges)
1. Mix butter, salt and flour with your hands till it becomes like small breadcrumbs.
2. Add 5 spoons of water and roll into a ball. Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
3. Start browning the meat with onions and garlic in a bit of oil.
4. Once meat is brown, add bell peppers and tomato, and mix in tomato paste.
5. Mix water with flour and pour into meat mixture.
6. Spice with mint, allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
7. Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
8. Chop and peel sweet potato–place in a bowl.
9. Drizzle sweet potato with olive oil and sprinkle with spices.
10. Toss or mix with your hands.
11. Preheat the oven to 125°C and grease two little ramekins.
12. Roll out or flatten the dough and press into the ramekins, leaving enough to cover them.
13. Fill each ramekin with the meat mixture and cover with the remaining dough. Poke with a fork to produce holes.
14. Put the sweet potato cubes onto an oven dish for fries (a baking sheet with holes… available at Carrefour).
15. Place both in the oven for 30 minutes, then turn on the broiler for 5 minutes to brown.