The Ministry of Local Development on Sunday announced new opening hours for shops, according to the decision of the Supreme Committee for Shop Licensing Public Shops.
Winter opening hours for shops, cafes and restaurants, will be enforced starting from September 30th.
– All shops and malls, except for restaurants, cafes, and bazaars organized in Article Three of this decision, are opened daily from seven am and closed at 10 pm in winter.
– This increases on Thursday and Friday and holidays to close at 11 before midnight in the winter.
– The opening hours of restaurants, cafés, and bazaars, including those in malls, will be daily from five am and close at 12 am in winter, with the continuation of the takeaway and delivery service for restaurants and cafés 24 hours a day.
– All workshops and craft shops within the residential block open daily from eight am and close at six pm in the winter, except for the workshops on roads and gas stations, as well as workshops associated with urgent services for the citizen, for which a decision will be issued by the Chairman of the Supreme Committee for Licensing Public Shops.
– The opening and closing hours of shops located in the coastal and tourist governorates may be modified by a decision of the Chairman of the Supreme Committee for Licensing Public Shops based on the proposal of the competent governor or the head of the New Urban Communities Authority after being presented to the Higher Committee for Licensing Public Shops and in coordination with the Minister of Tourism and Antiquities.
– Grocery stores, supermarkets, bakeries are excluded from the hours mentioned in this decision, taking into account the night activities of some shops selling fruit and vegetables, poultry, wholesale markets and pharmacies.
– The application of the new hours will continue until the decision to return to summer opening hours, starting from the last Friday of April of each year until the end of the last Thursday of September of each year.