Qalyubia civil protection troops are in the final stages of bringing under control a fire that broke out at a textile factory in the first industrial zone of Obour city.
The huge blaze began on Sunday, and was partially extinguished before reigniting early on Monday morning.
The fire broke out on the first floor of the factory and raged for several hours, destroying the entire contents of the factory. No casualties were reported.
Firefighters were able to control the fire before it reached the neighboring factories.
Preliminary investigations conducted by the prosecution showed that the fire was likely caused by an electrical short circuit. Losses, estimated at millions of pounds, are being calculated.
Qalyubia security services were notified about the fire, and more than 10 fire engines were sent to fight the fire consuming the 15,000 square meter factory.
Edited translation from Al-Masry Al-Youm