A woman and her two young daughters died while another daughter was injured on Wednesday as a result of wounds they sustained from a fire in their apartment at Sohag governorate, Upper Egypt.
Examination of the scene revealed that the fire broke out in the apartment as a result of a gas leakage. The fire resulted in the death of mother Nahed, 39 and her two daughters Abrar, 11, and Afnan, 14, while her third daughter, Alaa, 19, was injured.
Sohag Second Police Department was notified about a fire in a residential apartment in Sohag’s al-Arqam area. Police and firefighters moved to the site of the accident immediately, where they managed to control and extinguish the fire.
The bodies and the injured were transferred to the Sohag General Hospital. A criminal laboratory was assigned to identify the cause of the fire and to instruct the investigations service to carry out the necessary investigations. The Public Prosecutor has initiated an investigation into the accident.
Edited translation from Al-Masry Al-Youm