- Life Style
When you’ve had your fill of lissan asfour (bird's tongue), lentil, and cream of chicken soup, it’s time to take a step outside the traditional soup bowl and look elsewhere. Not only is this soup healthy and delicious, it’s easy to make and my children adore it. This quantity should serve 4-6.
Broccoli Cheese Soup
1 bag of frozen broccoli - 400g
4 cups of water
2 cubes of chicken stock
2 cups of skimmed milk
6 slices of cheddar
2 tablespoons of flour
100g butter with a dash of oil
Pepper to taste
1. Allow the broccoli to defrost and chop it up pretty small (alternatively, as it boils, use a hand blender to turn the soup into a blend of water and broccoli).
2. Add the broccoli and two cubes of chicken stock to 4 cups of water and leave it to boil for 10 minutes.
3. In the mean time, cook chopped onion in butter and slowly add flower and milk until it becomes a paste.
4. Add onion flour paste to broccoli and water with extra milk and stir well to mix totally.
5. Allow to boil a little and 5 minutes before serving, turn heat on medium and add cheese to melt but not boil.
With one recipe a day this Ramadan, we’re likely to need your help! Send recipes with pictures to the editor at [email protected]