- Life Style
Grilled kofta is almost the only form of meat I enjoy eating. However, my earlier attempts to cook it were not always that successful. It was only edible when hot; after it cooled down, it became as hard as a rock. When I tried to use a more fatty meat for a softer texture, it became too heavy in the stomach.
However after a series of trials and errors, a thorough search on the Internet, and with a little improvisation on my end, I finally did it: a soft grilled kofta that is easy on the stomach and really delicious.
1/2 kilo minced red meat
salt and pepper
gozet al-tieb (nutmeg)
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C
2. Mix half a kilo of minced red meat with salt, pepper, and one chopped onion.
3. Mix in a handful of ground bread crumbs.
4. Add two tablespoons of olive oil, a pinch of cinnamon, and a pinch of nutmeg.
5. Mix ingredients and start shaping them into kofta, like long sausages.
6. Put half a teaspoon of sunflower oil in the oven dish, then tuck in it the kofta.
7. Bake for 30 minutes.
8. Belhana wel shefa! (Enjoy!)