- Life Style
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu blamed Iran for a deadly attack on Israeli tourists in Bulgaria on Wednesday, warning his country would "respond forcefully" to strikes by Tehran.
Three people were killed and more than 20 injured by today's explosion on a bus carrying Israeli tourists outside the Burgas airport, Bulgarian News Agency (BTA) reported.
The agency added that the exact number of casualties is not yet known.
“The scene has been cordoned off. An on-site investigation has yet to find out the exact cause of the accident — technical, human error, or an act of terror. The airport has suspended operation and flights are being redirected to Varna Airport,” BTA continued.
Reuters reported that several other buses at the site had been damaged in the blast, according to police.
"Initial information shows three people have died, and there are many injured," a spokeswoman for the Interior Ministry said.
An Israeli witness said in an interview with Israeli army radio that the explosion was probably caused by a suicide bomber at the entrance of the bus.
Bulgarian police responded that they were conducting investigations and could not say at this point what caused the explosion.
Israeli officials had previously said that Bulgaria, a popular holiday destination for Israeli tourists, was vulnerable to attack by Islamist militants who could infiltrate via nearby Turkey.