The Egyptian Meteorological Authority (EMA) announced that stable weather conditions are expected to resume later this week.
The director of the Department of Forecasting and Analysis at the Egyptian Meteorological Authority Mahmoud Shaheen said that the EMA had previously expected torrential rains accompanied by hail, but assured that the coming hours will not witness rain that will impede traffic in Sharm el-Sheikh or Hurghada.
Northern Upper Egypt saw stabler weather conditions starting on Sunday evening, he added, noting that the end of the week and the eastern Christmas period will bring about further stability.
He warned of the return of light mist, which leads to reduced visibility on the road leading to the northern coasts and Lower Egypt.
Light rains are expected in areas of the southern Delta and Greater Cairo, and moderate rains will fall on the northern coasts and Lower Egypt coasts.
- Cairo and Lower Egypt: During daytime highs of 18C and 10C at night
- The northern coast: Daytime 18C and 12C at night,
- South Sinai: 22C, 14C at night
- Northern Upper Egypt: 18C, and seven degrees at night,
- Southern Upper Egypt: 23C, and 10C at night.
Edited translation from Al-Masry Al-Youm