Egypt Independent

Prosecution continues investigations in human trafficking case

State prosecution is continuing its investigations of a gang led by a businesswoman specialized in human trafficking.

Egyptian security forces said it apprehended five gang members, four Saudis and three fathers of underage girls.

Investigations by the prosecution, headed first general prosecutor, Mujahid Ali Mujahid, said that a businesswoman who lives at Ahram Plateau provides virgin girls between the ages of 14 and 17 to Gulf businessmen for a week for sex in exchange for LE50,000.

A source familiar with the investigations said the main suspect has done a “hymenoplasty” five times on one girl. The woman has been in the business for months, dealing only with Gulf businessmen and not Egyptians.

The prosecution remanded the defendants four days pending investigations, accusing them of human trafficking, facilitating prostitution and inciting immoral acts. It also referred three girls to a care house for victims of human trafficking. The villa used by the main defendant was seized and the remanded defendants were referred for criminal trial. The prosecution is to issue a full-length statement of the crime.

Preliminary investigations for the security bodies alleged that the defendant lures young girls and gives their families LE10,000 a week.

Investigations revealed that the main defendant gets 80 percent of the money, while the other 20 percent goes to the girls and their families. She also prepared upscale bedrooms in her villa.

Edited translation from Al-Masry Al-Youm