The Egyptian Ministry of Housing and New Urban Communities will unveil its plans to an audience of prominent real estate developers attending The Fourth Real Estate Debate 2019 Conference, organized by Al-Mal GTM on Sunday under the slogan “Catalysts for Growth 2020”.
The event will be convened under the auspices of Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouly in the Cairo Marriott Hotel, Zamalek at 9 am.
Both Deputy Chairman of NUCA Abdel-Mottaleb Emara and the Assistant Minister of Housing for NUCA’s Affairs will make speeches to attendees who include scores of prominent real estate developers.
Over four principal event sessions some 25 developers will make speeches and open discussions on the present market conditions, in view of a variety of major changes that market players hope will stimulate their business activity.
These include the non-competitive direct allocation of land plots to investors, start-ups of new cities’ construction plans, such as the New Alamein City, and relocation of government employees to the New Administrative Capital.
Speakers featured include:
– Mamdouh Badreddin, Head of Real Estate Investment Committee at the General Federation of Commerce Chambers
– Hisham Shokry, Head of Real Estate Export Council
– Fatahallah Fawzy, Deputy Chairman of the Egyptian Businessmen Association and Head of the Construction Committee
– Tarek Shokry, Chairman of Real Estate Development Chamber at the Egyptian Federation of Industries.
– Mohsen Adel, former Chief Executive Officer at the General Authority of Investment and Free Zones
Participants in the event also include:
- Ahmed Shalaby, CEO and Managing Director of Tatweer Misr Company
- Amr al-Kady, CEO of City Edge Developments Company
- Mohamed H. al-Assal, CEO of Misr Italia Holding & Properties
- Haytham Abdel-Azim, CEO of Ora Developers
- Waleed Mokhtar, CEO of IWAN Developments
Minas Ibrahim, CEO and Managing Director of EG-GATE, Ahmed Mansour, CEO of Castle Development Company, Gasser Bahgat, Chairman and Managing Director of Amaken Development, and Gamal Fatahallah, CEO of Delmar for Touristic Development will make speeches to the audience.
Other speakers also include:
- Sherif Samy, Chairman of National Asset Management & Investment Company
- Nagy Fahmy, Chairman of the Egyptian Union of Real Estate Finance and head of CI-Capital Mortgage Finance
- Waleed Hassouna, CEO of EFG-Hermes Finance
- Hany Berry, Chairman of Ahli United for Mortgage Finance
The event will be organized in four sessions which sees participants discuss several issues. The first session, “New Cities – Various Opportunities” discusses ways to utilize thriving real estate activity in order to promote the industry, especially in the new city projects.
In the second session, discussions will focus on procedures on offering new land plots and comprehensive debates over the non-competitive direct allocation of construction land by the New Urban Communities Authority – a scheme that the Ministry of Housing has endorsed after years of partnership arrangements.
The conference also continues to undertake discussions first launched several years ago over measures taken to implement the “Real Estate Exporting Strategy”.
Participants will investigate the strategy’s achievements so far and the necessary steps that could push it forward onto the right direction, both in the short and long term. This, of course, requires an accurate definition and recognition of the outstanding challenges, which will be the subject for the third session.
Al-Mal GTM has arranged a separate final session for debates over mechanisms to stimulate mortgage finance in Egypt to bear fruit. This comes in view of the indispensable role of this activity in driving up demand for property among various social groups, which requires the development of a clear vision on how to remove obstacles to its growth.
Al-Mal GTM, sister company of the Al-Mal Newspaper, is the most powerful and active national organizer of conferences and maker of ideas. The most prominent of its events include the CEOs Thoughts and Portfolio Egypt conferences.