Google has announced adding the Arabic language to its Bard artificial intelligence (AI) chatbot.
What is Google Bard?
Google Bard is an interactive chatbot based on artificial intelligence from Google that can respond to various inquiries and requests in a conversational manner. It is supposed to work similarly to the ChatGPT bot, with the biggest difference being that the Google bot will pull its information from the web.
Bard will not be just a chatbot, as Google is expected to integrate its capabilities into its search engine in order to provide a summary to what the user is searching for, in addition to the usual traditional search results in the Google engine – although it is not widely available for use.
The chatbot now has a set of new features to facilitate its use and improve its performance in different languages.
Google Bard’s features:
- Bard is based on Google’s modern PaLM2 language model, which is specifically designed to understand information in multiple languages
- Bard can understand questions in more than 16 Arabic dialects, such as Egyptian and Saudi, but always responds using Standard Arabic.
- Bard can also understand requests that include words in Arabic and another language at the same time.
- The user interface supports writing from right to left.
- The ability to listen to answers out loud through text-to-speech technology.
- The ability to share Bard’s responses with friends using shareable links.
- The ability to save, organize and modify previous conversations with Bard.
- The ability to export Python codes to the interactive Replit platform to facilitate the programming process, and Google Colab, which helps developers write and implement Python code through the browser.
Edited translation from Al-Masry Al-Youm