EgyptMain Slider

This year’s Thanaweya Amma exams to be held using new open book system: Education Minister

Minister of Education and Technical Education in Egypt, Reda Hegazy announced that this year’s Thanaweya Amma final exams will be based on the open book system.

Thanaweya Amma refers to tests in the final years of high school, which students attend between the ages of 17 and 18, a crucial educational stage in Egypt. A student’s score in the examinations can determine whether they are admitted to a free public university and what course they are able to study.

Hegazy explained that the student will receive the concept booklet at the beginning of the exam for each subject and hand it over to the Exam invigilator by the end.

He pointed out that the focus of exams should be on the questions measuring the basic learning outcomes, the levels of questions being gradual, and avoiding complexity.


The goal of the new system

The goal of this new system aims to allow students the opportunity to take high school exams again if they did not obtain a satisfactory score last time.


High school examination system

The ministry previously announced that the 2024 high school exam system can be applied for if the number of times you have taken the high school completion certificate exam does not exceed four years, in accordance with the law.

In addition, regular students can take the new exam system two years from within the school as regular students, and two years from outside the school as home students.


High school exam questions 2024

The 2024 high school exam questions will be about 85 percent multiple choice, with the remaining 15 percent essay questions.

The percentage of simple cognitive and mental levels represents 30 percent, 40 percent for intermediate levels, and 30 percent questions for higher levels.

The ministry previously announced that questions for the 2024 high school exams will be drawn from question banks prepared by the National Center for Examinations and Educational Evaluation, with the exams held according to a unified exam for all students nationwide.

Students taking the 2024 high school exams will receive a question booklet, a bubble sheet booklet, and another booklet to answer the essay questions.

The ministry also appealed to students and parents to only obtain information from its official sources.

Related Articles

Back to top button