The Egyptian national team successfully won first place in various spots and a variety of medals at the Mediterranean Games, held in the Algerian city of Oran until July 5th.
Egypt’s participation in the tournament includes 177 players – 114 male and 63 female – in 19 sports: weightlifting, athletics, boxing, fencing, karate, shooting, tennis, table tennis, taekwondo, judo, bow and arrow, wrestling, equestrian, sailing, handball, basketball, badminton, and gymnastics.
Egypt so far won four gold, five silver and six bronze medals.
List of awards
- Amr Reda, gold in 74 kg, freestyle wrestling.
- Women’s table tennis team gold medal.
- Feryal Ashraf, 68 kg gold, Karate.
- Youssef Badawi, gold, 84 kg, karate.
- Yehia Hafez, silver, 65 kg, freestyle wrestling.
- Abdul Latif Manea, silver, 130 kg, Romanian wrestling.
- Ahlam Youssef, silver, under 55 kg, Karate.
- Abdullah Mamdouh, silver, 75 kg, Karate.
- Reem Ahmed, 50 kg silver, Karate.
- Youssef Hamida, bronze, 125 kg, freestyle wrestling.
- Haitham Fahmy, bronze, 60 kg, Romanian wrestling.
- Abdul Rahman Omar, bronze, 67 kg, Romanian wrestling.
- Noureddine Hassan, bronze, 87 kg, Romanian wrestling.
- Ahmed Ayman, bronze, 67 kg, Karate.
- Amr Alaa, bronze, under 60 kg, Karate.
Edited translation from Al-Masry Al-Youm