No matter what your skin type is, it is important to alter your skin care regime during seasonal changes. In spring, you have to be well prepared to protect your skin from breakouts caused by dryness and strong sun rays. Sensitive skin is also susceptible to allergies due to changing weather and high pollen counts. Badyaa Bangalloun, esthetician (skin care specialist) at Faces Cosmetics and Perfumerie store, offers some tips on protecting your skin against the elements.
- “Follow the three effective steps: cleansing, toning and moisturizing twice a day before wearing your make-up and feel the difference in the touch of your texture,” says Badyaa. She advises following the same steps before bed in order to wash away accumulated grime and dirt on your face.
- “Facial scrub is a must once a week to get rid of dead skin cells and allow new cells to be created for healthier skin,” Badyaa suggests you avoid using a deep facial scrub if you have sensitive skin. It is better to purchase a gentle one to avoid any irritation and create a calming effect.
- Those who do have sensitive skin still require a daily cleanser, but according to Badyaa, a softer cleanser with natural ingredients is advised.
- “Moisturizing is one of the best ways to guarantee a fresh look and fight the dryness that increase risks of allergies,” advises Badyaa. If you have a dry skin, she suggests you apply a rich moisturizing cosmetic product for extra protection. Oily skin also needs moisturizer but as Badyaa explains, “you have to choose the oil-free products that suit your skin type.”
- To protect your skin from direct ultra violet rays, Badyaa suggests applying a daily moisturizer that contains or is supplemented by sunblock with SPF to avoid the loss of collagen and slow down skin damage. For extra protection, purchase foundation and powder that have SPF to keep your skin from premature aging and sunburns.
- If your skin suffers from allergies, Badyaa strongly encourages a visit to a dermatologist. “Do not expect to get your desired result immediately,” she explains, “you have to stick to the prescription medication along with the three steps of cleansing, toning and moisturizing for a smooth and perfect complexion.”