- Life Style
Cairo Criminal Court adjourned on Monday the retrial of toppled President Hosni Mubarak, his sons Alaa and Gamal, former Interior Minister Habib al-Adly, six former security deputies and fugitive businessman Hussein Salem for allegedly killing protesters during the 2011 revolution and over financial corruption charges.
Alaa Mubarak said during today’s session that his father is ready to defend himself on Wednesday and that he requested this to take place from inside the cage due to the difficulty of moving his stretcher.
Farid al-Deeb, Mubarak’s lawyer, had earlier requested exempting Mubarak from attending the rest of the sessions due to his health condition. Judge Mahmoud al-Rashidy, however, said he received a letter from the military hospital where Mubarak is staying stating that he could attend if accompanied by medical team.
The trial was postponed to hear arguments of Ahmed Ramzy, former deputy minister for central security troops, Ismail al-Shaer, former deputy minister for Cairo security, Osama al-Marasy, former Giza security chief and Omar al-Faramawy, former 6 October City security chief.