- Life Style
Worldwide, 2011 was a frenzied year by all means, from political uprisings to natural disasters. This has created room for some aspects of society to grow, among them fashion.
3. iPad covers: Covers with one magnetic side were among the biggest and most fashionable purchases of the year. They are protective yet funky and cool.
4. Toy watch: Next on the list of must-haves in 2011, florescent plastic watches have been decorating the wrists of young women for a while now. Recent versions incorporate diamond studs.
5. By Lisa’s flip-flops: By Lisa’s new collection of flip-flops and colorful peep toe jellies took the summer by storm.
6. By Lisa’s gold plated earrings: With dangly gemstones, they are an authentic, yet elegant and novel, piece of jewelry.
7. Amina K’s Omda bag: Available in black, brown, blue and burgundy, Khalil’s new creation combines Egyptian wool with leather, and had a long silver chain.
8. Moodz Dzign’s beaded fur scarf: A very wintery scarf combining elegance and funk. Rabbit fur with skull beading creates a pleasant contrast that many chose to wear this season.
9. Nihal Basha’s Pythonia bag: A burgundy snakeskin shoulder bag decorated with 50 piaster coins, a gold chain, and shoulder padding.
10. Fugoura’s military jacket: The military jacket made a comeback last winter and still remains visible on both international and local runways. Fugoura, an Egyptian fashion house founded by artist and actor Abbas Abul Hassan, launched a chic olive green swede version with metal buttons.