A member of the Supreme State Security Prosecution requested a media gag order on new investigation into accusations that members of the Mubarak family and other former officials had embezzled LE1 billion in public funds.
Hisham al-Qarmouty said media should not be able to report on details of the case until the investigation is completed.
He also requested that the Administrative Control Authority respect the order as well
Judicial sources told Al-Masry Al-Youm Tuesday that the Supreme State Security Prosecution had begun a new corruption investigation into a supposed plan for the renovation of presidential palaces that funneled state funds into a scheme to build and furnish private villas in New Cairo.
The sources also said that documents proving the incident were found during place inventories after the January 25 revolution. A main suspect in the case has been arrested and signed a detailed confession.
The ACA had already proven that the defendants used LE50 million annually from the state budget that was supposed to be used for maintenance to build personal villas.
Edited translation from Al-Masry Al-Youm