The Ministry of Interior announced it has opened several civil register offices, extended working hours in some civil status registries offices and activated automated services in several malls – all in order to improve services provided to the public.
In a Sunday statement the ministry explained that: “In order to complete what has been accomplished during the previous period, it was decided to open and extend work at some (civil) registries, as well as to develop some services starting tomorrow, Monday. Work will be extended at some (offices) as a fourth phase until nine pm.”
Offices where working hours will be extended include:
- The first civil registry office in Nasr City, Cairo Governorate.
- The civil registry of al-Badrashin, Giza Governorate.
- The civil registry of Shizar Camp, Alexandria Governorate.
- Model Center of Desouk, Kafr al-Sheikh Governorate.
- Daqahliya Issuance Center, Daqahliya Governorate.
The Ministry of the Interior added the working hours at the translation department in the sector’s general office has been extended until nine pm.
Translation service for some family registration documents has been added in Dutch and Czech languages , bringing the total number of translated source languages to 13 namely English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Chinese, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Ukrainian, Turkish, Dutch and Czech.
The ministry continued: “The automated translated documents service is now available at the following sites:
- Maxim Mall in New Cairo, Cairo Governorate.
- City Center Maadi Mall, Cairo Governorate.
- Mall of Arabia, 6th of October City, Giza Governorate.
- Mall of Arabia, Tanta, Gharbiya Governorate.
The headquarters of the Civil Status Police Department is in Port Said.
The Marsa Matrouh Governorate Information Center was also opened and currently issues birth, death, marriage, and divorce certificates for the people of the governorate using the national ID database, separated from the Alexandria Information Center as was the case before its inauguration.